Storm Henk – Flood Recovery Framework
Defra have confirmed that the Flood Recovery Grant will be made available to communities affected by flooding from Storm Henk between 2nd – 8th Jan 2024.
Help will be available for:
- Flooded households in eligible affected areas, who can apply for up to £500 cash to help with immediate costs.
- Households and businesses significantly affected, who will be eligible for 100% council tax and business rates relief for at least 3 months.
- Small-to-medium sized businesses in eligible affected areas, who can apply for up to £2,500 from the Business Recovery Grant to help them return quickly to business as usual.
- Eligible flood-hit property owners, who can apply for up to £5,000 to help make their homes and businesses more resilient to future flooding via the Property Flood Resilience Repair Grant Scheme.
- Farmers who have suffered uninsurable damage to their land will be able to apply for grants of up to £25,000 through the Farming Recovery Fund towards repair and reinstatement costs for farmers adversely affected by exceptional flooding.
Initial details can be found below:
Further details, eligibility and how to apply to follow.